WHO COLLECTS MY DATA?
Data pertaining to your experience in a hotel managed by MERIDIAN LEISURE HOTELS is gathered by MERIDIAN LEISURE HOTELS, a hotel group, based at Wharfedale Road, Winnersh Wokingham RG41 5TS United Kingdom . Where your stay is within a hotel operated under a franchise agreement with a hotel brand, your data will also be collected by the hotel brand e.g. InterContinental Hotels Group. Data is collected during the booking process either via a brand booking engine or independent third party booking engine provider (Sabre Hospitality Solutions and others ).
WHEN IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
PI may be collected in certain circumstances as follows:
• Booking of a hotel room - through on and offline channels including brand and independent (Sabre Hospitality Solutions etc) booking engines
• Enquiries made at a hotel for provision of services (meeting rooms, wedding venue, spa and banqueting enquiries)
• Check in and check out
• Consumption during a stay in a hotel as tracked through room charges
• Claims, requests and/or disputes • Participation in marketing programs, with your explicit consent
• Registering with loyalty programs • Contribution to guest’s surveys and/or comments (e.g. "Guest Satisfaction Survey", "Contact us"; "Guests comments”)
• Subscription to newsletters, to receive e-mail offers or promotions, with your explicit consent
• Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems
• Connection to any MERIDIAN LEISURE HOTELS websites (IP address, session cookies and Google Universal Analytics) • Filling in of an online collection form (e.g. online bookings, questionnaire, forms)
• Use of a website managed by MERIDIAN LEISURE HOTELS, including www.Meridian Leisure Hotelsmanagement.com
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA COOKIES
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF DATA COLLECTION BY MERIDIAN LEISURE HOTELS?
We use PI for the following purposes:
• To deal with Your enquiries and requests
• To book and reserve hotel rooms and requested accommodation or venue hire provision
• To establish and maintain business records and comply with accounting requirements and local regulations
• For back office processing; including managing a list of undesirable guests, further to a non-payment, or to improper behaviour
• To manage guests' complaints
• To track consumption (telephone, bar, Internet, pay TV)
• To let You benefit from our loyalty program
• To implement security and fraud prevention means
• Administering membership records
HOW MERIDIAN LEISURE HOTELS USE PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
• To process your PI in the Meridian Leisure Hotels Clients Relationship Management program
• To better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better
• To send You newsletters, promotions and marketing material or contact you about tourism, hospitality or services, hotel promotions or about Meridian Leisure Hotels
• To conduct surveys and analyse guests' questionnaires and comments and activity patterns
• To secure and improve use of Internet websites including website navigation
Should you wish to discuss any query regarding use of Your data for marketing purposes, contact the Meridian Leisure Hotels Marketing Department on 01189 444232 or at Wharfedale Road, Winnersh RG41 5TS . Please note that we will only collect your PI with your explicit consent.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY MERIDIAN LEISURE HOTELS?
As a customer at a Meridian Leisure Hotels operated hotel, You may be asked, at various times, to provide PI about You and your family members, such as:
• Contact information, e.g. name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses
• Other personal details: date of birth; nationality
• Child Information: name and birth date
• Credit card details (only in secure transactional related system)
• Membership card numbers of any loyalty program
• Your dates of arrival and departure
• Your preferences and interests, e.g. preferred location of room (low floor, high floor), type of bed, preferred newspaper, sports and cultural interests
• Any questions/comments You may have during or after your stay in one of our hotels
COLLECTION OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
In order to satisfy certain requests or to provide You with specific services during your stay, Meridian Leisure Hotels may collect data which may be considered sensitive including leisure habits, personal activities and hobbies, cultural habits, smoker/ non-smoker status. Meridian Leisure Hotels may collect data to facilitate certain dietary requirements or provide accessible access facilities during your stay in hotels under Meridian Leisure Hotels management. We do not knowingly collect PI from children under the age of 18, except name, date of birth and nationality as provided directly by an adult on their behalf or with an adult's permission. If You believe your child has submitted PI directly to us, please contact us so that we can delete such PI. We do not knowingly collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life details.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At Meridian Leisure Hotels, we wish to offer you the same level of service and hospitality across all our hotels. We will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent, and to the following. These authorized individuals include (but is not limited to):
• Meridian Leisure Hotels employees
• Hotel reservation staff using Meridian Leisure Hotels reservation tools
• Information technology staff and marketing department staff
• Medical services
• Legal Department staff
• Any relevant individuals of any Meridian Leisure Hotels operated hotels’ legal entities for specific categories of data, for a legitimate or lawful reason.
DATA SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
Meridian Leisure Hotels takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in accordance with local law requirements, to protect your PI against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. To this end, we have implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organisational measures such as a login/efficient password and physical protection.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND MODIFY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION